Academics - Registrar - Transcript Request - Form
Transcripts & Records
A student’s academic record or transcript is a private document that is the property of Union Theological Seminary, and it will be issued to a third party only upon written authorization given by the student. Students may request transcripts in the Registrar’s Office and are advised, if meeting deadlines, to make their requests in sufficient time to allow for processing and mailing. A charge is made for all copies. The Seminary reserves the right to withhold transcripts from any student with unpaid indebtedness to the Seminary.
The written evaluations submitted by course instructors are not a part of the transcript and will not be issued with it. If upon graduation, however, a student has arranged for a member of the faculty to prepare a summary evaluation of his or her academic career at the Seminary, a copy of this summary will be issued with the transcript whenever the student expressly requests it.
Request a Transcript
You may request transcript on-line, by mail, or in person. We are unable to accept transcript requests by telephone, fax or email. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) requires that the owners of education information give their consent before their information is released. Your hand signed and dated consent form shows that you have authorized your transcript to be release.
General Transcript Request Information
- In addition to an on-line, mail or in person request you must fill out a Transcript Release Form for your transcript request to be processed. The Transcript Release Form may be uploaded through Transcript Request Form or emailed to email@example.com.
- Transcripts cost $7.00 per copy.
- Transcript requests are processed in the order in which they are received.
- Pick-up: For students who select to pick-up their official transcript, you will contacted via phone and/or email when the transcript is ready for pick-up. Any transcript not picked up within 30 days will be destroyed.
- Transcript requests are not considered complete until the signed Transcript Release Form and payment is received by the Registrar’s Office.
- Transcripts requests that require an additional attachment(s) sent with the transcript must be submitted in person, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by mail along with the signed consent form.
- Requests will not be honored for anyone with past due financial obligations to the Seminary. Questions regarding financial obligations should be directed to the Bursar’s Office at 212-280-1354.
- Orders that are on hold or awaiting a consent form will be cancelled if not cleared within 10 business days.
Requesting Transcript Online
1. Fill out Transcript Release Form. A signed version of this form has to be uploaded via Online Transcript Request Form or emailed to email@example.com. Transcript(s) will not be processed until you upload or email a signed copy of the Transcript Release Form.
2. Fill out Online Transcript Request Form. You must sign into “My Union” in order to fill out an online Transcript Request Form.
Requesting Transcripts by Mail
1. Fill out the Transcript Release Form.
2. When requesting a transcript please indicate the following information in your written request:
– Your full name while at Union Theological Seminary
– Your degree program
– Dates of attendance
– Dates of Degree
– Address(es) of recipients
– Your current address, phone number, and email address
3. Mail this information along with a check to:
Union Theological Seminary
New York, NY 10027